Welcome to our resource library!
While we love seeing so much new interest in hemp, there's a lot of misinformation out there too. To combat this, and for the sake of learning, we're putting some of our favorite hemp resources in one convenient place for everyone to enjoy.
Be sure to check back periodically as we update this page with more resources and features.
Here’s a list of references for claims made on our site. We verify all claims and avoid exaggerating hemp’s benefits because it’s amazing enough without any added hyperbole.
As you browse our resources, please remember that all modern hemp research has been conducted within the artificial confines of government-strangulated hemp markets. This means that the hemp we’re growing today might not necessarily be an expression of hemp’s true potential.
Despite this, the data is more than promising, and we’re beyond excited to see what hemp can do.
Hemp clothing versus cotton:
- “Industrial hemp fiber: A sustainable and economical alternative to cotton“
- “Extraction, processing, properties and use of hemp fiber“
- “Is Hemp a Sustainable Alternative to Virgin Cotton in Demin?“
- “Could Hemp Really Replace Cotton?“
- “Cotton Harvests & Yields“
- “American Farmers: Forget Soy. Check out Hemp’s Price Per Acre and Help US win the China Trade War“
- Environmental Issues With Cotton – Tons of water used in cotton production – The World Counts
- “1 in 3 people globally do not have access to safe drinking water – UNICEF, WHO“
- “The Impact of a Cotton T-Shirt“
- “The Apparel Industry’s Environmental Impact in 6 Graphics“
- “Ecological footprint and water analysis of cotton, hemp and polyester“
Hemp paper versus tree paper:
- “Paper Waste Facts“
- “Properties of Nonwood Fibers“
- “The Pulp Pollution Primer“
- “Oxygen Delignification and Bleaching of Industrial Hemp Pulps“
- “United States Environmental Protection Agency: Recycling Basics“
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Recycling Economic Information (REI) Report
- “Paper Production and Consumption Facts – Green America’s Better Paper Project“
- “Is the paper industry getting greener? 5 questions answered“
- “The Economics of Paper Consumption In Offices“
- “Why do newspapers turn yellow over time?“
- “Lignin and Biomass: A Negative Correlation for Wood Formation and Lignin Content in Trees“
Hemp plastic versus petroleum plastic:
- The United States EPA, Facts and Figures about Materials, Waste and Recycling, Containers and Packaging: Product-Specific Data
- “Fast facts about plastic pollution“
- “The world’s plastic pollution crisis explained“
- Plastic Pollution – Our World in Data – Hannah Ritchie (2018) – “Plastic Pollution”. Published online at OurWorldInData.org. Retrieved from: ‘https://ourworldindata.org/plastic-pollution’ [Online Resource]
- Plastic Pollution – Facts and Figures, Surfers Against Sewage
- “All Plastics Are Not Created Equal“
- “What you need to know about plant-based plastics“
About Custom Hemp
Custom Hemp Solutions provides hemp-based print and promotional materials for businesses, creators, and individuals in any industry.
We like hemp because it’s durable, sustainable, and incredibly versatile.
Click the button below to learn more about our company.
Get in touch
Please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you ASAP.